Can I Avoid Pre-Press Charges?
Yes, if you provide a "print ready file", there is no pre-press charge.
What does Pre-Press Cost?
Our quotes are based on the assumption that files are provided "print ready".
Our rate for pre-press services is $22.50 per quarter hour after 2 complimentary adjustments.These charges may be in addition to the quoted price if not specifically included in the quote.
What is a "Print Ready File?
A "Print Ready" file is a file that can be printed "As-Is" requiring no PRE-PRESS work that we open and send to our digital press with no file manipulation required.
What is Pre-Press?
Pre-press is what we call the work required to get an electronic file to print properly. It will include things like:
- Allowing for "BLEEDS"
- Setting proper page size and orientation
- Scaling the image to the proper size
- Compensating for software version differences
- Providing missing fonts
- Compensating for poor quality images
NOTE: You do not need to "multi-up" images. Please just submit a single version of the image to be printed. We have software that does that based on paper size and equipment to be used.
- It is always best to submit your files in PDF format
- Be sure to save the file as a "Print Quality" PDF
- Be sure to embed fonts and images in your file
- Most images from the internet are low resolution and don't print very well
- For best color reproduction, convert RGB colors to CMYK
Give us a call if you have any questions. We are here for you! 717-632-5400